So I've been meaning to write a post about my dog because I love her funny stinky face so much. It seems like I'm constantly talking about her, and nobody ever sees her but my family, so I will now share the joy.
Granted, that's a picture of her when she allows us to groom her, otherwise she's a mess (and it's rare when she allows us to groom her; she's very protective of her fur, and whenever we try to brush her, she'll attempt to get the fur back by trying to eat it. Yes, I know that's weird and gross, but that's why I love her). Anyway, my sweet dog, Bo Bo (real name Gar-Bo) just turned 14 in July. I forgot on the actual day (which was the 2nd), and thus had to create the most amazing cake ever to win back her love (or tolerance... whichever way you want to go with that).
As you can see, I tried to get fancy with a rosette, but it really didn't work out. Maybe the smell of the wet dog food and liver-whiz** was getting to me. She seemed to smell it too, as she was staring at me the entire time I was making it.
She enjoyed it too.
Anyway, here are some other pictures and movies of her which I absolutely loved, and which I feel would explain

My sweet stinky dog also has an amazing talent for sleeping. She can sleep through anything, and what's more, she snores... loudly. Unfortunately, I have yet to get footage of this more recent phenomena, so I thought I would share a clip from a few years ago. When people watch this, they think she's dead because of her impressive ability to not respond to basically anything. She wakes up at the end, though =)
So.. yes... I love my dog. 'Nuff said.
*FHE = Family Home Evening, a program in the LDS Church wherein one evening a week (usually Monday evening) is set apart for a spiritual lesson and an activity with your family. For young single adult wards, this is usually held with other members of the ward).
** Yes, that's right, liver-whiz. Like cheez-whiz, but made with liver. Disgusting, n'est-ce pas? Yet it was surprisingly helpful for decorating a cake for a dog.
3 comments:
Well I had no idea you had a dog. Oops. I liked the birthday treat you made...very fun. I'm a temporary dog owner for a year while his family is away. It's a new thing for me but good so far. I'm happy you updated your blog. :)
GAR, I think you treat your dog better than I treat my children--maybe because your dog is better behaved ;) JK--I adore my children and spoil them more than I probably should. It's a lot of fun reading your blog!
I think your dog would have eaten my chinchilla....
Post a Comment