So lately people have been telling me that I assume too much. I guess they might be right, considering the fact that I normally would not believe the following ~
R.O.U.S.*s exist!**
Trees CAN walk!***
Galaxies EAT other galaxies!****
So here I am, mending my ways, and recognizing what a wonderful wacky world/universe we live in.
I love it. Really, truly, love it.
---
*[after Westley rescues her from the lightning quicksand]
Buttercup: We'll never succeed. We may as well die here.
Westley: No, no. We have already succeeded. I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt - no problem. There's a popping sound preceding each; we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.
Buttercup: Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?
Westley: Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.
[Immediately, an R.O.U.S. attacks him] ~ (yet another prime example of why we should not make assumptions)
**watch the first video. They're actually pretty cute. The article is pretty interesting as well.
***sadly, I haven't been able to find too much formal documentation on this, but they DO exist. Socratea exorrhiza is the name. Amazing, amazing stuff. Go trees!*****
****I wonder if the Milky Way would taste nearly as good as the candy bar. Chocolate + Caramel + Nougat + 400 billion stars = Yum. Let's just hope the Andromeda galaxy doesn't try to eat us too. Do you think the name "Milky Way" would deter it? Could it possibly be afraid of getting fat and not fitting into its jeans?
*****Wait, no! Come back!
No comments:
Post a Comment