So, due to budget cuts, my department has decided to finish our classes one week early, and use the extra week to do some sort of LAEP* related service project. As a result, our final studio project will be due the day before Thanksgiving. I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, we don't need to think about studio over our Thanksgiving break (which is good, because I want to dedicate that time to brainwashing my new baby cousin into loving me), on the other hand, it means I have... let's see... 14 days to actually work on this thing?!?! And I have... let's see... nothing?!?!?! Ack. Panic. I guess I'm not the only one, though. Our whole studio seems to be feeling pretty anxious.
How am I dealing? Well, lots of sleep. Like, TONS of sleep (you know, the whole avoidance thing I'm so fantastic at). Which, of course, is not terribly productive. So... I'm in trouble, but that's okay, because 4 things happened today which made everything bearable.
1. A wall post from Soo-uh, with lyrics from Teenage Dirtbag included therein
2. A postcard from Dr. Geary, with associated plant pest joy
3. My brother trying to get rid of a spider by yelling "Go away!"
4. Joe McBride**, who is, officially, numbered as one of my favorite professors ever (which is saying something, because I have had some awesome professors, especially at BYU), giving me some good pointers
Now to do something with those pointers. Back to work.
---
*LAEP aka Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning
** A couple girls in my studio actually wrote a song about the awesomeness of Joe, but unfortunately, we don't have a recording or a copy of the lyrics, but yes. He is THAT fantastic.
1 comment:
That's pretty amazing that you have wrote a song about Joe. And totally awesome that you get an extra week. Don't get too stressed out!
Post a Comment